Well, we are almost to Christmas 2021 – can you believe it? I can hardly believe how fast this year has gone. I wanted to check in and remind you that you are loved and cared about.
God wants you to heal and get better and He wants to walk alongside you. As we head into the depth of this holiday season keep these things in mind to take care of yourself:
- Seek God first thing in the morning. Even if it’s just a couple minutes where you sit alone and call upon God to walk and be with you through the day.
- Exercise a little every day. If you already do this possibly add a little bit at this time of year. A 20-30 minute walk outside at any pace is good – especially if it is sunny you’ll get some Vitamin D.
- Don’t watch the news all day. You aren’t going to miss something important. You can find anything you want by searching anytime after it has happened.
- Limit your time on Facebook (or any social media). You can set a timer on your phone and only give yourself that amount of time to prevent you from getting caught up – or delete the app completely – you may not even miss it!
- Keep your counseling appointments as often as possible. A separate set of eyes on your situation and life is incredibly helpful and of course seeing a professional is a key step to pursue healing of trauma.
- Finally, if you need to go to the doctor or ER go. If you get chest pains or experience signs of a stroke seek immediate care. Don’t let the virus scare you away. Getting the virus won’t matter if you die of a heart attack for not seeking treatment.
**If you are suicidal or thinking or harming yourself – CALL someone – or 911 or go to the local ER. Please do not let a moment in time mean that you will not be here to do all God has for you.
I PROMISE – it can and will get better as I’m living testament of that. I’ve been in the deep, dark places, and I regretted it each time I tried to end my life or harmed myself.
Take care of yourself and keep the big picture in mind. God sent His one and only son, Jesus, to die for you so that you can spend eternity in heaven.
So, if you know Him, one day all this junk on earth will not matter as you will be joyful and happy with Jesus forever and ever.
Blessings to you this holiday!
© 2021 Susan M. Clabaugh. All Rights Reserved.